April 27 2021,
|Serving size||100 g|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3,4g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0,7g||4 %|
|Sodium 1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36 %|
|Protein 13g||26 %|
|Vitamin D 0,00mcg||0 %|
|Calcium 18.00mg||1 %|
|Iron 2,20mg||12 %|
|Potassium 460mg||10 %|
| * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contribute to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
GLUTENFREE. As it does not belong to cereals and does not contain gluten, it is also suitable for people suffering from celiac disease.
Buckwheat (scientific name Fagopyrum esculentum). We mainly use its seeds, from which we make buckwheat porridge by peeling, and buckwheat flour by grinding. Buckwheat porridge can be enjoyed in many forms, it can be cooked or baked. As it does not belong to cereals and does not contain gluten, it is also suitable for people suffering from celiac disease. Buckwheat and dishes made from it raise energy levels.
How can we use buckwheat?
Buckwheat is often ground into flour, which can be used for buckwheat pancakes, bread, mash,.. In most European countries, it is used in the preparation of porridges and soups. In other countries, it is used in conjunction with wheat, rice or corn for bread, noodles and ethnic foods. Many new products are invented every year.
Healt benefits of buckwheat
- A diet enriched with buckwheat is in many cases credited with reducing the risk of high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Buckwheat is also enriched with vitamins and minerals, so it can contain thiamine, riboflavin and other B vitamins.
- Certain ingredients in the grain protect the body from the harmful effects of radiation, prevent gangrene and frostbite, and accelerates capillary permeability.
- Choline in grains improves liver function, and it also enriches your body with iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium.
- A Russian oncologist has recommended to those suffering from cancer to eat buckwheat porridge daily and drink two liters of water for two months. With the help of flavonoids, it very successfully destroys cancer cells.
Allergic symptoms can occur after eating buckwheat as well as after we have been exposed to its powder. For example, some may get an allergy when using pillows filled with buckwheat husks that contain traces of buckwheat flour.